Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Reason for Blogging

I guess I've decided to" go where no man has gone before" at least in our family. I am the first to have an official blog! Well, I have been writing on Carepages,telling about the birth of our youngest daughter,but that was for family & friends. I feel this is the "big time"

I love to journal,mainly because it helps me deal with this crazy ride of life! I have been on a roller coaster ride of emotions since Feb. '07. My husband & I were excitedly waiting to see if we were expecting a boy or girl to be the latest addition to our family. We had experienced ultrasound technology 3 times,but never found out the sex of our baby until delivery day. We always enjoyed the surprise. But, this pregnancy was a surprise right from the start. I did not have a clue I was pregnant. More clues pointed to having some grave illness,or so I thought! The unexpected news of our family growing to 6,quickly sunk in & we all were very excited to find out if our team would end up even. We needed a baby sister to make the count 3 & 3.

The ultrasound not only confirmed our even team,it showed more information than we ever bargained for. We were having a beautiful baby girl,but she had severe hydrocephalus & spina bifida.( a neural tube defect affecting the spine & causing fluid in the brain) ....the roller coaster ride began!

We would not change a thing today. Our miracle is 13 months old & much to the surprise of doctors she not only survived birth,she has a thriving life.She completes our family in a way we would have never dreamed.

This blog will be a place for me to write about our family from "tot 2 teens" & share our blessings with any one willing to listen. Our baby is special & she has a special light that shines on everyone around her. I want to share that light with the world! I thought this was a good place to start.





No comments: