Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rainbow Weekend

I wrote my last blog on Saturday & then went to get some "camping food" at the grocery store.Claire went with me & so did my middle son Michael. We shopped,everything was normal,Claire was her smiling self,until we got to our campsite. I took her out of the car,put her in the high chair by my husband ,who was working at starting a campfire. I took a 5 minute walk with my youngest daughter Jenna & when we got back Claire was asleep in the highchair.So I took her to lay her down for a nap. She was hot & a little cranky,the camper air conditioner was broke,so I laid a blanket in the shade,& laid down with her.She threw-up,& with in 2 minutes,quit breathing.It really was that fast. I called an ambulance & then my husband & I started CPR. Her heart never stopped,so we gave her rescue breaths.She quickly was turning blue. We just kept breathing for her,we also kept her awake. She would open her eyes,but then just seem to fade away. It was like she forgot how to breath.She ended up being life-flighted from the site. I have been giving quick updates to family & friends on my carepage,so I will copy them here.
At The Rainbow
Posted Aug 31, 2008 12:07pm
Hey everyone...Just have a quick moment to ease everyone's mind. Claire was life flighted to Rainbow Babies last evening because she quit breathing on us. There was no seizure activity noted,Bryan & I started CPR,but only had to give her breaths,her heart rate dropped but never stopped...Thank You God.She has been on a ventilator all night and was just extubated about an hour ago,she is still requiring oxygen at this time. All the preliminary testing(and there was alot of it) has all been coming back good. We will know more after we talk to the neurologist.I know we will feel the prayers,Claire is as always proving to be the fighter...In Gods Hands...A very special thank you to anyone & everyone who was a part of yesterdays scene. She was life flighted from the scene(which happen to be at our friends house,we were camping & fishing for the night)Our volunteer fire department was excellent,& our flight crew commented to me when we arrived at the hospital how well everyone did.I did get to fly with her,what an experience.The EMT's also did good.Praising God today,thankful for all we have been blessed with!Love TinaP.S. My family & friends & our whole community is really just the best! I love you all!

No comments: