Sunday, August 3, 2008

County Fair Fun

The week of the fair has come and gone. The kids all had so much fun. I had so much food!

Fair food recap: fresh cut french fries, sweet & sour chicken fried rice, fried cheese on a stick, loaded gyro, carmel apple, elephant ear & cotton candy...all topped off with a mylanta/tums chaser when I got home! Oh,what fun the fair can be.

Our family was all different directions this week,but we found a couple of moments of togetherness. It was like pulling teeth,but one morning we ate breakfast together at the fair. Other than that, it was hit & miss having us all at one place at one time. The teens pretty much ran crazy all week. "Hanging" you know! The tot did well,but the 8 year old got tired fast.This meant alot of "why can't I" or "I want" this & that. All in all ,it was a good week. We will suffer some repercussions this week. Everyone will be very tired & very ouchy grouchy!Oh, what fun the fair can be.

I am always impressed with my husband during fair week. I think he missed his calling. He really should have been a farmer. He is such a hard worker & really enjoys helping the kids with the animals. I hope the kids will learn his good work ethic. I am a bit lazy when it comes to farm work. I may be a bit lazy when it comes to work,period.

This week was busy,but I wouldn't have missed it. I have to admit going to the fair is not high on my list of things to do. I really don't like it much. But, I know we are making memories that the kids will never forget. They think this is the best week ever. The stories they will tell their kids about this week will be worth hearing one day. So, a week of fried food,sun,dust, animals & happy, happy children will be priceless moments to treasure.Oh, what fun the fair can be.

No comments: