Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Faith

I've delivered all my babies by c-section. I have always had a rough recovery,it takes me quite awhile before feeling better.So,my husband was a very important part of Claire's care. He did an amazing job. I had to go back to my room at night and he stayed with her. I am not sure when he slept,but he was there for us both. He would give me a morning report,I would post it to the carepage for everyone at home to read.I am not sure why I posted this with the caps lock on? I probably thought it was faster.
This posting also showed how much I was trusting God instead of putting my faith in the testings & doctors. To this day, Claire has not showed any signs of cognitive delay only physical delays. We will have another MRI in January 2009.
Posted Jun 18, 2007 7:11am
CLAIRE'S MORNING REPORT IS ANOTHER GOOD NIGHT.SHE IS TAKING 10 CC OF BREAST MILK EVERY 3 HOURS AND TOLERATING IT WELL.SHE WAS GETTING CONSTIPATED FROM THE MORPHINE BUT HAD A BM LAST NIGHT,YES WE EVEN GET EXCITED OVER POOH!
I GUESS BRYAN WITNESSED A LITTLE TEMPER WHEN SHE WAS GETTING WEIGHED.2 NURSES HOLD HER UP OVER THE BED WHILE THEY CLEAR THE SCALE, IT TOOK A COUPLE OF TIMES FOR IT TO SET RIGHT. CLAIRE DID NOT LIKE BEING HELD UP FOR SO LONG AND CRIED A GOOD CRY.SHE GOT REALLY RED FACED,BUT WAS CALMED RIGHT BACK DOWN AS SOON AS SHE GOT LAID DOWN.IT SHOWS SHE HAS SOME PERSONALITY.SHE DIDN'T LIKE SOMETHING AND TOLD US ABOUT IT.
THE NEUROSURGEON SAYS THAT ALL SHE IS DOING COULD STILL BE DONE WITH JUST A BRAIN STEM,BUT I THINK SHE SEEMS TO BE DOING A LOT OF REACTING TO THINGS.I HOPE WE CAN AGAIN PROVE THE DR. WRONG. WE WILL KNOW MORE ON THE BRAIN FUNCTION AFTER THE MRI.IT WILL BE SOMETIME THIS WEEK.
I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT THE MRI SHOWS.SHE IS OUR MIRACLE AND I AM BLESSED TO HAVE HER IN OUR LIVES.WHEN I AM WITH HER YOU CAN FEEL GOD BESIDE US AND KNOW IT IS PURE LOVE..SHE IS AMAZING...EVERY DAY WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE HER HERE . WE WILL CONTINUE TO JUST CELEBRATE EACH MOMENT...DAY BY DAY...I PROMISE TO WORK ON POSTING MORE PICTURES TODAY....HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY..LOVE TINA

No comments: