Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Milestones

Today I took Claire to get fitted for her AFO's(ankle,foot braces). She has taken me to places I never thought I would go. I heard a man in the waiting room talking on the phone he said "I am waiting to be fitted for my new leg". That is a statement you don't hear everyday!It sure puts things into perspective.We have a whole new world Claire has made us a part of. We have learned a lifetime of lessons in the past 19 months.
Claire was a big performer,she makes everyone smile no matter where she goes. She will be getting the braces in 2 weeks. These will give support to her ankles & feet helping her bones & muscles stay healthy. We are still unsure if she will be able to walk,but I have a feeling this will not slow her down.
Last June I posted on Claire's 1 week birthday. At that time I never dreamed we would be celebrating her life at 1 week. We are getting close to a 15 month celebration,God is good!

Posted Jun 19, 2007 7:36am
I never dreamed we would be giving good news on Claire's 1 week birthday...we really need to celebrate this day....I am just in such awe over what a fighter we have...she is just amazing...she is off the morphine and had a good night...rested on her belly for most of the shift...she is taking 16cc of breast milk now and tolerating it well...I could probably feed the whole NICU with the amount I am producing :) The next step is the MRI and they are thinking maybe on Thurs.,she has to be in very stable condition before it is done,it can be a stressful thing for her..I am in no hurry ...Bryan had a nurse tell him last night that she has worked the NICU a very long time and has never seen such a severe case of both (hydrocephalus & spina bifida) do so well..I love to hear things like that..Any bit of positive helps me get through the day...Well that's all for now..I need to get to my baby girl...there is a family room close to the NICU that has a computer and through out the day I take a few minutes to read all these wonderful postings...you can't imagine how much it is helping Bryan and I..We really look forward to it...THANK YOU!!!God is good...Hope everyone has a good day!..Love Tina (PS. new pics. to see)

No comments: