Sunday, August 17, 2008

Peaceful Heart

I have found that reading back over those days after Claire's birth has been therapeutic for me. It has been reminding me of how far we have come. The fight we fought and so far have been winning. I can remember things like it was yesterday. I have images in my head that are etched there forever. One of those images are seeing Claire for the first time after surgery. I walked into the room and ours eyes instantly met. She did not smile,but she had a twinkle in her eyes that made my heart melt. It was also her way of telling me she was OK. I had a peace surround me at that moment that can not be described. My spirit was calmed with overwhelming love for this miracle we were witnessing. God never left our side,and He is still carrying us forward into the unknown. I am holding on tight.

Posted Jun 14, 2007 11:53pm
I know it is late to be giving an update but,we visited with Claire awhile and when we got back to the room I had trouble getting on-line,just now able to send news...AND THE NEWS IS GOOD!We walked into her room and the first thing I saw was her beautiful bright eyes looking right at me...She looked better post-op than she did before she went...She was so alert, I swear as Bryan was talking to her she looked like she was going to talk back(well at least give him a big smile)She looked so comfortable,the dr. thinks this will be her best night because she has some relief from the pressure of her head..Last night when I got to hold her I thought she could not be any more beautiful,after tonight I am thinking the same,she just is constantly making me fall even more and more in love with her! I am so happy to let others enjoy this journey with us. She is a gift from God that He wants us to share...Our next step is to watch her fluid shifting and decompression of her head...We will know more of the damage done to her brain after the shunt has had time to take away the fluid(4-5 days)It is a wait and see kind of thing,but we know our girl and she will continue to amaze us!!At this moment I could not be happier,she has kept up a good fight and I am proud of how far she has come..Again celebrating this step and on to the next...Day by day and "so far sooooo Good" Definitely counting our blessings...Hoping we will ALL get a good nights rest(especially Claire)Praises tonight..God is truly AWESOME!!!!LOVE,Tina

No comments: